Changing from “Miss” to “Mrs.”


            It may seem like a big task, but in the end it will all be worth it.

  • To start off you need is your marriage license/slip. It is a good idea to make a few copies of your marriage license.
  • Now go to the Social Security Office to officially change your social. All that needs to be done is to fill out the form and show the marriage license as proof.
  • Next would be your Driver’s License. Simply bring receipt of your new social, and the handy marriage license slip to the your local DMV.
  • The last major document to change would be your passport. This is something that can be done by mail. All that is need is the form (found online), two new passport photos, the fee (reduced rate for change of name), and the marriage license slip.

                        *** The passport should be done last because they keep the marriage license slip.

  • From here all that is left is changing the everyday things like insurance information, bank accounts, car titles, and credit cards etc.

          While many women can’t wait to change their name, there are some that do not want to lose their maiden name and it is personal preference not to change names. But no matter what the newlyweds should enjoy and savor every moment of being married and simply being together.

10171064_784736979171_2905284166274499804_n (2)

Written by Katie Fearson

Photos by Photo Art By Lu from James & Megan’s Wedding

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s